Plans are under way for the 2011 Polk County Picnic Car Show Saturday, Sept. 11, 2011, in Bolivar, Mo. New this year is advanced registration. Forms will be available soon.
Here is a list of class descriptions to help you decide which class — or classes — you want to enter. That's right, more than one entry will be allowed this year. More details on that to come soon, too.
For now, here's the class descriptions:
1. Original Restored up to 1948 — All makes, restored to stone stock (no modifications).
2. Original Restored 1948 to present — All makes, restored to stone stock (no modifications).
3. Street Rod up to 1948 — All makes, modifications, color, tires, wheels, engine, etc.
4. Street Machine 1949 to present — All makes, modified car not muscle car , aftermarket wheels, tires, headers, narrow rears, tub, etc.
5. Classic Tri-Five 1955, 1956, 1957 — All makes, stock, modified, two door, four door, wagon, etc.
6. T-Bucket — Mainly fender less, hoodless Ford T’s, any car with two-seat roadster body, no dune buggies. Must resemble T-Bucket style.
7. Convertibles — All makes, cloth tops.
8. Custom, all up to present — Body modified, paint, chopped tops, frenched lights, etc.
9. Special Interest, Orphans and Foreign — All makes, Isetta, Austin, Kaiser, Studebakers, etc.
10. Original Trucks up to 1960 — All makes, restored to original.
11. Original Trucks 1960 to present — All makes, no modifications.
12. Custom Truck up to 1960 — All makes, modified, wheels, tires, paint, etc.
13. Custom Truck 1960 to present — All makes, modified, wheels, tires, paint, etc.
14. Under Construction — Vehicle clearly seen as being worked on, not complete, not straight out of the field.
15. Rat Rod
16. Muscle Cars Factory Original 1964-1974 — All makes, generally factory named cars, (SS, RS, Z28, Boss, Roadrunner, Duster, etc) factory rally, magnum wheels, no headers, no modifications.
17. Muscle Cars Modified 1964-1974 — All makes, with performance modifications.
18. Muscle Cars — 1975-present
19. Dune Buggy — Fiberglass or rail buggies.
20. Young Guns — All makes, all classes. Owner must be under 25 years old with proof of ownership.
21. Survivor up to 1970 — All makes, all models, must be all original, non restored. May have small paint touch up but no total repaint. Can have new tires or brakes as long as OEM.