Local artists are being asked to provide up to three pieces of artwork to put on display in an alley on the Bolivar square. Registration forms are available at the Bolivar Herald-Free Press, 335 S. Springfield Ave.; KYOO Radio, 205 N. Pike Ave.; or the Polk County Genealogical Society Library, southeast corner of the Bolivar square. It also is available for download at downtownbolivar.blogspot.com.
Children’s artwork (ages 18 and younger) will be displayed in the alley on the west side of the square, while artwork for adults will be in the east alley. The Polk County Artists' Association will have a display in the basement of the Polk County Courthouse, and artists will be demonstrating their work in select stores on the square.
1. Artwork will be displayed outside in an alley. Children’s artwork (up to age 18) will be in
the alley on the west side of the square (next to Country Hearth), and adult artwork will be displayed in the alley on the east side of the square (next to the CMH Administrative Center). The Downtown Bolivar Association is not responsible for damage to the artwork by theft , wind,
rain or other natural elements and will make an eff ort to have someone watching the artwork at
2. You will be responsible for checking in and hanging your artwork between 7:30 and 8:45 a.m. Saturday, May 9. Artwork should be matted or mounted and ready to hang with a wire or hook on the back and tag from at right attached to the lower righthand corner of the artwork.
3. Artwork will be released at 3 p.m. Please pick up your artwork at that time. Artwork that is not
picked up by 4 p.m. will be disposed of by the DBA.
4. Any artistic media is welcome as long as it is your original piece of art and is family friendly.
5. Limit of 3 pieces per person.
6. For more information, call (417) 770-1989 or send e-mail to email@example.com.
7. Booth space is available for an extra fee.
8. In the event of rain, arrangements will be made for indoor display of artwork.
9. Artists may off er artwork for sale.
Click here to download the registration form.